These decals are removable, repositionable, and reusable to include wall decals, peel and stick borders, murals, laptop skins, and more. They are the perfect cure for blank, boring walls, and can be used to decorate nearly any smooth surface you can think of. They’re easy to use: just peel and stick! With a wide variety of designs, we offer simple, worry-free decorating for kids, teens, and adults alike.
You just might be wondering how does it work?
How do I apply these wall decals?
It’s easy: just peel and stick! When you open a package, you will find the designs printed onto a pre-cut liner (just like a package of regular stickers). Peel the design away from the liner and stick it to your surface of choice. Presto—you’re a decorator!
Remember to save your liners: if you want to take down your RoomMates for an extended period of time, placing them back on the liner will keep them sticky and ready to re-apply whenever you’re ready to decorate again.
As a general rule of thumb, it’s always best to test RoomMates in an inconspicuous area before applying. If the surface is textured, wet, dusty, or dirty, performance could be seriously diminished.
When applying these Decals to painted walls:
- Prior to applying the decals, clean the wall and make sure it is dry and free of dust or dirt.
- Freshly painted walls should be allowed to “cure” for 10 to 15 days prior to applying RoomMates. Even if new paint feels dry, it may still need to settle and completely cure. Applying the decals to freshly painted walls may cause the adhesive to lose its effectiveness, which can then cause the design to peel or fall off.
- Larger designs, like giant wall decals, may require the use of a wallpaper seam roller to ensure that all edges of the design make contact with the wall, and that the design will stick firmly without lifting away from the surface.
If applying RoomMates to other surfaces:
- These Decals are not recommended on ”orange peel“ textured walls.
- These Decals will not work well on brick, cinder block, or other porous surfaces.
- These Decals are not recommended for use on wallpaper or delicate surfaces.
If applying these Decals in a bathroom or around water:
- These Decals can be applied to tiles as long as the surface is clean and completely dry during installation. Make sure the design does not overlap any grout, as water could filter beneath and compromise the adhesive.
- These Decals can be applied to shower walls as long as they are placed tightly onto the surface so water cannot reach under the design. Smooth the decal out and be sure that water cannot flow behind the design. Once applied, these Decals will not move even if sprayed by the shower. Neat, huh?
- Do not place at the bottom or inside a bathtub. Water could filter beneath the design too easily and would compromise the adhesive.
- When cleaning the bathroom, please take care to avoid spraying any harmful chemicals on or near your Decals! Prolonged exposure could damage the decals, and direct contact can cause bubbling, running, or streaking.
How do I remove these wall decals?Simply peel them off the wall. That's it!
If removing an oddly-shaped design, or a giant wall decal (in multiple pieces), try to start with the largest end or piece first. And remember to go slowly: if you pull too hard or too fast, you might rip the design!
What shouldn’t I do with my Decals?
- Do not place items decorated with these Decals in a dishwasher, oven, or microwave.
- Do not place these Decals on rugs, fabrics, clothing, or any other textiles. Textile fibers may stick to the adhesive and cause it to become ineffective.
- Do not place these Decals in areas where they will be exposed to extreme heat or cold. Very high and low temperatures can compromise the adhesive and cause decals to peel, rip, fall off, or damage the surfaces on which they have been applied.
- Do not spray these Decals with any chemicals, cleaners, or fragrances. If the decals are dirty, they can be cleaned with a damp rag and a mild soap (if necessary).
How do I remove air bubbles?When applying a wall decal, make sure you start from one side or the top of each element. Keep the rest of the element away from the wall or surface. Slowly go down over the design with your hand ,and smooth the element onto the surface, pressing out any bubbles as you go. Once applied, you should be able to move any remaining bubbles out by pressing/smoothing them out of the element. If the problem persists, you can punch a tiny hole with a pin to push the air out, or simply remove and re-apply.
What do I do if my decal sticks to itself?When you're applying a wall decal (especially our larger designs), be very careful to keep the decal from sticking to itself, or sticking to another piece. If this does happen, though, just stay calm! Slowly pull the decal apart, taking care to avoid ripping the design. With a little patience and a steady hand, you'll be back to normal in no time.
So if you are in the search for a wall decal that changes the boring look of your plain wall do not forget to check out our selection of wall decals. These decals will help you decorate and complete your child's room without having to hire a decorator!! Visit our store in Bethel, CT for more than 60 designs in stock.